Common Situations Where You May Need an Emergency Vet
- Experiencing a major trauma
- Ingesting a toxin or foreign object
- Flesh wounds or animal bites
- Bone fractures
- Having a difficult time breathing
- Experiencing excessive vomiting or diarrhea
- Having trouble urinating or frequent urination
- Having convulsions or seizures & more
The Importance of Having an Emergency Vet
Do you have an emergency vet you can call if something happens to your pet unexpectedly? As a responsible pet owner, it’s important for you to know of a vet clinic you can call at any time. There are several reasons for this:
- Accidents Happen: Things don’t always happen during regular business hours. If your pet is injured unexpectedly, you want to do everything possible to find a source of treatment rather than letting them suffer. It’s important to have an emergency vet you can contact in such circumstances.
- Change Can Happen Quickly: If your pet is sick, you can usually wait until regular business hours to bring them in, but this is not always the case. If you’re monitoring a sick pet at home and you notice a sudden change, you need to be able to contact a vet immediately. Having an emergency vet on hand gives you access to professional advice or care whenever you might need it.
- Your Vet May Be Busy: Even if an accident or injury does occur within your normal vet’s business hours, they might not be able to see you quickly depending on their current caseload. In these situations, having an emergency vet as backup can mean the difference between life and death.
- You Want to Act Quickly: If your pet becomes injured or ill during the weekend, having an emergency vet on hand allows you to take quick action without having to wait several days for your regular vet’s office to open.
Our emergency vet’s convenient location allows us to quickly serve pets from throughout the San Jose, CA area. Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment or with any emergency situations you might have.
Our Emergency Veterinarians Are Ready to Provide Exceptional Services
Our highly trained veterinarian team provides fast and efficient care. If you’re worried your pet requires emergency treatment, please contact our emergency vet as soon as possible. Once the vet has examined your pet, they will discuss any tests with you that may need to be completed and treatment options that can be given. We understand this may be a stressful time for you and your pet, but rest assured we will do everything we can to make this process as stress-free as possible.
If you’re looking for an emergency vet in San Jose, CA, turn to Saratoga Veterinary Hospital. When you choose our vet clinic you can rest assured that our emergency vet team is dedicated to the health and care of your pet during an emergency. We understand that pet owners know their pets the best, so if you suspect something is wrong, do not hesitate to contact us today.